Unable to reformat the date in my downloaded Rooming List
If you or your hoteliers have downloaded the Rooming List for uploading to a reservation system and require the date to be reformatted to the preferred configuration but Excel is not allowing you to make the change, this may be because the Excel cells are in text format and not numerical format.
In order to change the Excel cells to numerical format so the date formatting can be performed, please complete the below steps:
- Select/highlight the dates column/s.
- Navigate to [Data] in the ribbon menu.
- Select [Text to Columns].
- In the first step of the wizard select [Delimited] and then [Next].
- In the second step of the wizard, ensure nothing is selected under the 'Delimiters' heading, and select [Next].
- In the third step of the wizard, select the [Date] option under 'Column data format' and select the format the date is currently showing in.
- Select [Finish]
- You will then notice the dates in the date column align to the right of the cell, this indicates it is now showing as numeric rather than text.
- From here you can then right click on the highlighted dates to navigate to change the format of the date to what is required.